January 31, 2015, 10 am-2pm
Community Open House
21 Salt Creek Lane, Hinsdale
Observe Drug Fact Week at a community open house at the Robert Crown Center for Health Education
The event will be a great opportunity for you, your child, your students, your business and your community to build awareness of substance abuse risks and the disease of addiction.
RCC will be hosting:
- In My Shoes, an art installation by teens in recovery from the Rosecrance Center for Teen Substance Abuse; joined with work by artists from area high schools
- Hidden in Plain Sight, a mock teenage bedroom by LEAD that contains over 100 items that may indicate a child at risk.
- Free mini prevention presentations from professional health educators, combatting addiction to tobacco, alcohol, prescription pain pills, and heroin
- Health Risks for Athletes: What coaches, athletes and parents need to know, sponsored by the American Medical Association.
- Video screening room to feature cutting edge documentaries for and by teens about substance abuse prevention
If you are a school who would like to participate in our collaborative art exhibit, please contact Katherine Leibforth.
Saturday, April 25, 2015, 6:30 p.m.
Immanuel Hall, Hinsdale
To view photos from Hunt for Health, click here.