TEEN SEXUAL HEALTH – 85 Minutes
***note: this program is aligned with IL Public Act 98-044, effective January 1, 2014***
RCC’s Teen Sexual Health program develops students’ skills so that they make informed choices about their behavior, and feel confident and competent about acting on these choices. Teen Sexual Health provides students with information about the risks of any type of sexual contact which include not only teen pregnancy but also sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s). Students explore the psycho-social, economic, and academic outcomes of teen parenthood as well as the consequences of an STD.
- Increase their knowledge about human reproductive anatomy, and the impact of sexual activity on a teenager’s well-being (physically, mentally and socially).
- Feel empowered to take personal responsibility for increasing their total wellness (including sexual health) and to increase student disapproval of risky sexual activity.
- Develop strategies and tools to make healthy decisions and explore alternatives to sexual activity.
SCIENCE BEHIND DRUGS AND PREVENTION – 85 Minutes
Advanced program for Grade 9
Kids face tough decisions, especially regarding the issue of drug use. RCC’s “Science Behind Drugs and Prevention” program helps kids make healthy choices and lead a drug-free life. The program uses research-proven effective, interactive teaching methods. The neurological effects of drug addiction are demonstrated using the “Reward Pathway” display in the transparent brain model. Addiction is defined and the underlying neurological response to drugs that leads to addiction. This class also includes information about prevention addiction to prescription pain medications and heroin.
- Increase knowledge about drugs and their effects on total wellness (physical, mental social, emotional) with intense focus on neuroscience.
- Feel empowered to take personal responsibility for increasing their total wellness and increase disapproval of alcohol and other drug use.
- Develop strategies/tools to make healthy decisions and explore alternatives to alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use/abuse.
For High School Students and Coaches – 60 minutes
Give your athletes a 3-Point Advantage! This all-new program provides preventive health education for student athletes and their coaches focused on the impact of using 1) tobacco, 2) drugs, including alcohol and heroin, and 3) steroids, nutritional supplements and energy drinks. The class includes information about the ways to improve athletic performance through a healthy lifestyle.
- Students will be able to describe the effects of tobacco, even in the short term, on health and athletic performance.
- Students will be able to clarify use vs. abuse of prescription and illegal drugs.
- Students will be able to distinguish characteristics specific to heroin.
- Students will be able to describe alternatives to steroid use regarding body building.
- Students will be able to dispel myths regarding supplements such as creatine and ephedrine.
- Students will be able to identify advantages of a healthy diet vs. dietary supplements and energy drinks.
$10 per student or coach
|Learning and Health Standards|
|State and Health|
Do you have questions on our programs, get them answered at: firstname.lastname@example.org.