Summer Science Camp
Take an action-packed trip through the wonders of the body.
Body Trek is a popular one or two-week journey of exploration for students entering grades 6-8. The camp includes real hands-on dissections, special guest visits, and excursions to exciting places such as a hospital operating room. Additionally, students learn how to engage in effective team efforts and cultivate life-long leadership qualities.
Body Trek may include:
- Current live videos featuring the systems of the human body
- Dissection of animal specimens, such as a heart or lung
- Guest speakers who may include cardiologists, nurses, surgeons and other healthcare professionals
- Special trips to a hospital setting or large museum where students experience an operating room
- Practicing suturing, scrubbing in for surgery, and observing surgical procedures
- Small group activities that bring the content to life and ensure fun camp dynamics
- Students are grouped by age level
- Daily photo collages and a picture CD on the final day
- A chance to grow into a future leadership position within a future camp
- Closing ceremony for parents and friends featuring the students in the “Odyssey of the Body”
Who should attend: The Robert Crown Center Body Trek Summer Science Camp is for curious students entering grades 6-8 looking for a unique summer experience. Many students are interested in a career in the nursing, medical or science field; others are looking for a one-of-a-kind camp experience. All are encouraged to take the voyage through Body Trek.
Junior Counselors: Students who have attended in the past or those with leadership skills may apply to serve as a Jr. Counselor. They attend for a reduced fee and experience the camp as a Jr. leader.
The Educators: Body Trek is taught by the Robert Crown Center’s team of educators, a dedicated group of dynamic professionals, comprised of doctors, nurses, teachers and curriculum & technology specialists.
Educational Standards: Body Trek meets numerous CDC National Health Education Standards and ISBE learning standards.
Body Trek 2014 Dates:
Hinsdale – Robert Crown Center – June 16-26
Chicago North Lawndale Homan Square – June 23-27
Chicago South Loop Daystar – July 14-18
Naperville North Central College – July 14-24