Body Trek is a popular one or two-week journey of exploration for students entering grades 6-8. The camp includes real hands-on dissections, special guest visits, and excursions to exciting places such as a hospital operating room. Additionally, students learn how to engage in effective team efforts and cultivate life-long leadership qualities.
Body Trek may include:
- Current live videos featuring the systems of the human body
- Dissection of animal specimens, such as a heart or lung
- Guest speakers who may include cardiologists, nurses, surgeons and other healthcare professionals
- Special trips to a hospital setting or large museum where students experience an operating room
- Practicing suturing, scrubbing in for surgery, and observing surgical procedures
- Small group activities that bring the content to life and ensure fun camp dynamics
- Students are grouped by age level
- Daily photo collages and a picture CD on the final day
- A chance to grow into a future leadership position within a future camp
- Closing ceremony for parents and friends featuring the students in the “Odyssey of the Body”
Who should attend: The Robert Crown Center Body Trek Summer Science Camp is for curious students entering grades 6-8 looking for a unique summer experience. Many students are interested in a career in the nursing, medical or science field; others are looking for a one-of-a-kind camp experience. All are encouraged to take the voyage through Body Trek.
Junior Counselors: Students who have attended in the past or those with leadership skills may apply to serve as a Jr. Counselor. They attend for a reduced fee and experience the camp as a Jr. leader.
The Educators: Body Trek is taught by the Robert Crown Center’s team of educators, a dedicated group of dynamic professionals, comprised of doctors, nurses, teachers and curriculum & technology specialists.
Educational Standards: Body Trek meets numerous CDC National Health Education Standards and ISBE learning standards.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- Oscar Wilde
SUMMER CAMP FOR GIRLS
at The Robert Crown Center for Health Education
FOR GIRLS ENTERING 6th AND 7th GRADES
What makes you happy?
What makes you unique?
Join our amazing and energetic team of health educators for activities, games, and guest speakers.
This journey will be about having fun, hanging out with the girls and being happy to be you!
Registration opens February 1st
For more information, call Laura Carstons at 630-325-1900 x214